Saturday 22 February 2014

Chlo Creates | Beauty Bargains



Evening beautiful bloggers, this is just a quick post that i want to share with you guys about my bargain beauty products iv recently purchased. 
So anyone who knows me will know i'm a bit of a bargain hunter whether it be clothes, makeup, or the food offer of the week in the supermarket; i LOVE getting a bargain and saving myself some pennies! Who doesn't right?! Don't get me wrong i love a designer piece here and there but if i can get it for cheaper or the equivalent look on the high street for a more affordable price, then i'm totally there! Basically 90% of the time your going to find me buried under heaps of clothes in the sale rail! 

And this week i found myself in every bargain hunters paradise island - Tk Maxx! Yes, i love this shop and if it happens to be one of those days when those little red stickers are stuck on lots of items; i'm even more so in heaven! ha! a little sad i know (hand over eyes and shameful sigh) :)! Anyway i picked up this delightful little product from Skincare brand Philosophy. 

                                                                                 



This is Philosophy's 'divine illumination' powder, i picked up this powder in a medium and i use it as a highlighter over the top of my Nars illuminator creme. It  works so well with Nars product to give my cheek bones a beautiful subtle sun kissed glow. I bought this product for a whopping £1.99 from the almighty Tk Maxx! With a recommenced retail price of around £28.00 i'd say that was a brilliant bargain - go me!














I also picked up a can of Vaseline's new 'Spray & Go' and i adore it!! I'm sooo super lazy when it comes to moisturising. After a nice long relaxing evening soak in the bath, the last thing i want to do is be moistursing! I just want to jump straight into my jammys and in to bed! And don't even get me started on after a shower in the morning - i am always running late and dashing around like crazy to get ready for work and be there on time; oopsy! So yeah basically this 'Spray & Go' moisturiser is a god send! It doesn't exactly dry as fast as it makes out on the tv advert but it takes literally minutes to spray all over, give it a little rub in and then your ready to put your clothes on. I love the fact it is light and doesn't leave you feeling sticky or like your clothes are stuck to you, as it absorbs into your skin perfectly. And do you want to hear the bonus feature? The one i bought - 'cocoa radiant' smells good enough to eat and leaves you smelling delicious all day long!
Bargain price of: £3.99. I got it at its launch price, i think it now retails for £4.99. 






Lastly The Bodyshop has lots of little offers and deals going on recently, which is perfect for any bargain buyer ;)! Anyway i purchased their 'Tea Tree Pore Minimiser' and 'Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask' to try and banish my oily skin and enlarged pores. The 'Tea Tree Pore Minimiser' says it will make "pores look smaller, skin feel purer, smooth, prime and instantly mattify." I put this on my nose and inner cheeks as this is where my pores are more enlarged; i apply it in the morning under my makeup and before i go to bed. It definitely mattifies my skin and isn't greasy underneath my makeup. I would also say my skin does feel purer and smooth when i first apply it too, however i haven't noticed any change in the size of my pores and i have been using this for around 2 weeks; this is a slight disappointment as that was the main reason i bought the product. However i am continuing to use it as i like the way it makes my skin feel and maybe i will notice a change in my pores in another week. I bought this product for £7.50 and a little goes a long way - so this 30ml tube will last you a long time; mine feels like i haven't even used any after 2 weeks and using it twice day. 



Next the 'Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask'. This mask says it will "purify, cleanse and control excess oil." It definitely does all of the things it says on the tin, however it does so to such a strong degree i had to wipe it off after only 3 mins as my face was burning up up up! My face was left feeling refreshed, cleansed and super purified but also slightly red and burnt. I have since used this product but i only use it on my T-Zone and apply a very thin layer and i leave it on for 5 mins rather than the recommended 10. As one of The Bodyshop's best sellers i do recommend trying it unless you have sensitive skin; in which case i would stay well clear. Otherwise i would recommend this product, especially if you have oily and blemished prone skin, as it does a great job of controlling that. However i would say try doing what i do and just apply it to your oily areas so you don't end up looking like a lobster with a turban towel on its head like me! This product costs £12.50 and will last you for ages as you only need a small amount and shouldn't use it more than twice a week. My little pot of burning beauty will definitely last me all the way in to the summer!


Please leave me a comment with your beauty bargains or opinions on any of these products! I love to talk Beauty and Skincare with fellow beauty blogging lovers!
Until next time, Love Chlo xo 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I've followed you on bloglovin, great blog! Love Chlo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Vaseline spray! the bottled version is my fav moisturiser! Thanks for the follow I've followed back :) xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely should becca, its so quick and easy. Thank you! :)
    And yes sure vanessa, whats your instagram name and i'll find you,
    Love chlo xx

    ReplyDelete