Tuesday 25 March 2014

Everyday Makeup Routine



My everyday makeup routine; this has hardly changed in months - i'm so happy with all these products that i use, they create the perfect matte, long lasting finish that i desire. Just so you know my skin type is oily/combination so i always go for the matte look as oppose to the dewy finish. Here are the products that i use:

1. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - I never used Primer up until last year and omg what was i doing before?! If you have oily skin like me this product is a must to keep your makeup in place all day.

2. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Perfect concealer at an affordable price. I wear this concealer in a shade 2. It covers blemishes and brightens under the eyes perfectly.

3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - Thick, creamy, flawless coverage that lasts all day. Only thing i would say is i sometimes have a few days off from this foundation to allow my skin to breath, as i fear that this is such a thick and heavy foundation it may clog my pores.

4.  Neutrogena Shine Control Powder - This powder isn't available in the UK that i know of - i bought mine off amazon. I use this powder to set my face makeup - it instantly controls shine, but i'm not going to lie; i have never gone a full day without touching up once or twice to get rid of oilyness. I'm yet to find a powder that controls shine all day - if you can recommend one, please comment below - I've tried endless powders!

5. L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye-shadow Quad - I use this eye shadow palette in shades Nude Lingerie. I love this eye shadow quad, the colours are so beautiful! It's the perfect substitution for the Naked palette, if your running tight on money.

6. L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess Mascara - I've used this mascara for ages now, i love the L'Oreal mascaras they always do exactly what they say. There's nothing worse than buying a mascara that says its going to create volume, extend your lashes or curl your lashes and actually it does absolutely nothing! However my favourite mascara is Dior's Diorshow, but when on a budget L'oreal's mascaras are a great substitute.

7. L'Oreal Super Liner Brow Artist Pencil - This pencil creates a soft brushed look and is something i always go back to. I think its the best drugstore eye brow pencil i have tried. However i am on the look out for something new to try. I'm thinking of trying 'Benefit's Gimme Brow' or 'Anastasia Beverlery Hills Brow Wiz'.

8. Nars Copacabana Illuminator - The perfect Illuminator for a subtle glow, i love the shade 'copacabana' but am yet to try any of the others. This shade gives a gorgeous glow without being to overpowering or creating too much of a dewy texture.

9. LOOK Make Me Blush Blusher - This is like the cheapest blush ever and i love it so much! It's such a delicate colour and sits on top of my Nars Illuminator perfectly - they're great when applied together.

10. Philosophy's Divine Colour Satin-finish Illuminating Powder - I bought this powder from Tk Maxx for £1.99, absolute bargain! I use this powder as a highlighter, i finish my makeup by using it to highlight my upper cheekbones, sides of my temple and down my nose.


Finished Product:





As always leave me a comment, especially if you have any suggestions for an amazing powder that controls shine all day!
Lots of Love Chlo xo




No comments:

Post a Comment